Sunday, August 30, 2009

I hear 40 is a blast...

...but just in case, you go first.

I had a wonderful time celebrating my friend Kathryn's birthday. Ah...calamari, wine and conversation, what a way to kick off the second score of one's life.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, the I hope the people who crafted this apron pattern are flattered, and not offended. My mother gave me a wonderful apron, and it is such a simple pattern. I had to try it out. This bird fabric has been fluttering around my craft room for quite some time, with the intention of becoming a gift for Kathryn. One week before the date of our get-together, I began snipping and sewing. A couple of days later, I wrapped it up with all its little extra goodies with a pretty little bow. I hope the pockets will keep her scissors from wandering.


Tonight while thinking of the days past and the coming of age of a good friend, I pulled this card from the deck. I hope that the celebration is contagious, and carries on throughout the year, bringing friends together for a time of unity and creativity.

Cheers!

No comments: