Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thick Warm Crocheted Winter Hat


Thick Warm Crocheted Winter Hat
Originally uploaded by g_stat

This is my version of the Crochetgarden.com Thick Warm Crocheted Winter Hat. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, because it seemed so bulky. But the ever-wise Little Damsel says it makes me look tough... in the good way. And, it really has grown on me in the past month. I'll be sad to see it on the shelf, as our North Carolina winter slips into a 70+ degree February Spring. It took one ball and some change of Caron Simply Soft's Shadows. I have more, so I can see making up a matching scarf as a future project.

I hope to take the skills gained in this project and apply them to the Stone Path pattern from Interweave Crochet's Winter Issue.

This pattern is available for free at crochet garden. Thank you for sharing such a lovely pattern...

No comments: